The following resolutions were passed in the party Central Governing Body (CGB) and Executive Committee (EC) meeting held at MNM Headquarters on 07/07/2023. The meeting was chaired by party President Dr. Kamal Haasan.
1. As *the* first step towards facing the 2024 Parliamentary elections, exclusive election - in- charges will be appointed for Parliamentary constituencies such as Coimbatore, South Chennai and Madurai. Those willing to propagate our activities for the good of the people and those who wish to take up the privilege of speaking one on one to the people to elaborate on our plans for the people, are welcome to reach out.
Those who are willing to work on the field may inform the party General Secretary Mr. A. Arunachalam, before July 12,2023. Under the directi instructions of the party President, the list of selected members will be released on July 21, 2023.
2. The CGB and The Executive Committee of Makkal Needhi Maiam urges The Prime Minister to make a personal visit to the State of Manipur, in order to end the violence and reach a viable solution.
3. In order to stregthen Makkal Needhi Maiam, it has been proposed to increase the number of District Secretaries. All 234 Assembly Constituencies will have a District Secretary each.
3. The Entrepreneurship Wing of MNM is all set to see a major revamp. A team of coordinators is exclusicely being appointed for the same. Mr. Johnson, Mr. Mayilvaganan Thanigaivelu, and Mrs. Sriradha Sha will be leading the team. They will also operate as State Executive Committee members for the party.
5. Makkal Needhi Maiam has been a consistent voice for the fishermen. To further strengthen the voice, a Fishermen Wing is being formed. Mr. R. Pradeep Kumar has been appointed as the State Secretary for the Fishermen wing.
6. The CGB and The Executive Committee of MNM applauds amd appreciates kamal Panpaattu Mayyam and Nammavar Dr. Kamal Haasan's gesture of empowering Sharmila, a young former private bus driver, by making her an entrepreneur.
7. The CGB and The Executive Committee (EC) of MNM hails Dr. Kamal Haasan for spreading awareness on traditional paddy varieties, on the lines of Nel Jayaraman:s Paddy Conservation Centre. The Committee is pleased to note that an exclusive agricultural research centre has been proposed by the party President, along with Kamal Panpaattu Mayyam. We note that these lofty moves further validate Dr. Kamal Haasan:s resolve to protect and strengthen our land, language and people.
8. Thousands of people have been following the welfare steps of Nammavar across the world, for over 40 years. We would like to mention Me. C. R. Madhusudhanan who lives in the USA and all the North American counterparts who have been constantly contributing to the party theough technological assostance . They have also successfully been executing a project titled "Kanniyam Tharuvom *, which means Let's give Dignity. The project has funded and built toilets in many government schools across Tamilnadu.
Mr. Kannan Swamy from England and UK MNM FRIENDS have established and installed machines that generate water from the atmosphereic humidity.
Ms. Deepa from New Virginia along with Mr. Prakash Arvind from Chennai have been feeding the homeless consistently with a team of volunteers.
Mr. Francois and team from France have been involving themselves in various welfare activities.
The CGB and Executive Committee of Makkal Needhi Maiam extends their gratitude to all.
9. Makkal Needhi Maiam strongly condemns the actions of TN Governor Mr. R. N. Ravi, who has been relentlessly acting against his constitutional powers. He needs to understand that deferring certain decisions that fall under his control only delays the State's growth and iit is the people of TN who bear the brunt of his unconstitutional actions and words. The CGB and The EC of MNM urges the TN Governor to stop agenda- based activities and discharge his constitutional duties as a Governor.
Social Media Link